What is VI Peel and How Can it Benefit Me?
For patients who are suffering from skin tone and texture issues, or have skin discoloration they’d like treated, the VI Peel is a fantastic and painless option. The VI Peel is truly magic in a bottle! In as few as one treatment, we’ve been able to provide our patients of all skin types with glowing, radiant skin.
But how does it work, and will it work for you?
What is VI Peel?
The VI Peel is a skin-resurfacing chemical peel that stimulates collagen and increases cellular turnover to reveal smoother and more radiant skin. In just 15 years, more than 10 million peels have been performed worldwide, and VI Peel has been recognized by both consumer groups and industry leaders as the #1 Peel.
VI Peel has an ingredient for each skin concern. With five custom blends targeted for each patients’ needs, VI Peel helps treat aging skin, acne, acne scarring, melasma, sun damage, keratosis pilaris and much more. There are two VI Peels we will offer: The Original and the Precision Plus.
VI Peel Original
This treatment option is best for patients who would like to improve their tone and texture. It is great for patients who are trying a peel for the first time or who have sensitive skin. For skin concerns including:
- Early signs of aging (ages 20+)
- Rough texture
- Keratosis pilaris
The VI Peel contains a synergistic blend of powerful ingredients suitable for all skin types. This peel will help to improve the tone, texture, and clarity of your skin and provide anti-aging benefits. It is specifically formulated to rejuvenate and help prevent future damage to the skin.
VI Peel Precision Plus
This treatment option is best for patients who have skin discoloration on their face and neck from UV-induced pigmentation/sun damage, Melasma, or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. For skin concerns including:
- Irregular pigmentation in the skin, including UV-induced hyperpigmentation
- Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH)
VI Peel Precision Plus combats pigmentation and effectively suppresses melanogenesis and promotes rapid cell turnover.
How It Works
The VI Peel is a unique blend of five acids designed to target multiple conditions. The ingredients include:
- Retinoic Acid: This powerhouse acid penetrates the skin inhibiting melanin production and increasing cell turnover
- Trichloroacetic Acid: TCA then targets signs of aging by boosting collagen and exfoliating the skin
- Salicylic Acid: Salicylic acid prevents inflammation by killing bacteria, suppresses sebum production and cleanses the pores
- Phenol: This is the secret weapon that numbs the skin allowing for a painless application
- Ascorbic Acid: Ascorbic acid is a powerful antioxidant that reverses free radicals, evens skin tone and helps prevent future damage
Why Blended Peels?
Blended Peels are superior to single acid peels because of the ability to treat various skin conditions during each treatment. Blended peels have an ability to not only address a patient’s primary concern, but will simultaneously address any secondary skin conditions they may have as well.
Our team of board certified dermatologists and licensed medical estheticians are here to help you achieve the radiant skin you deserve! If you have questions about VI Peels or would like more information, please feel free to reach out!