Education, Certifications & Honors
- Magna Cum Laude with Honors in Psychology, Brooklyn College, City University of New York 1993
- Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society and Golden Key National Honor Society – Brooklyn College, City University of New York 1993
- Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Dermatology Chief Resident 2001
- Master of Science, funded through the NIH/Columbia University research grant, 2004
- Board Certified by the American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
Committees & Societies
- Med-Derm Society
- Dermatology Foundation Leaders Society, 2004 – 2011
- Greater New York Derm Society
- Society for Investigative Dermatology
- Columbia University Faculty Practice Organization
- Alopecia Areata Registry – Steering Committee
- National Alopecia Areata Foundation – Scientific Advisory Committee
- North American Hair Research Society – Board of Directors
Dr Julian Mackay-Wiggan was born and raised on the beautiful island of Jamaica, Dr. Julian Mackay-Wiggan, is a Board Certified Dermatologist. She attended medical school at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York City and completed her internship and residency in dermatology at Columbia University Medical Center – New York Presbyterian Hospital, where she was elected Chief Resident. She also completed a Master of Science in Biostatistics/Patient Oriented Research at the Columbia University School of Public Health.
Prior to joining our practice, Dr. Mackay-Wiggan was an Associate Professor of Dermatology at Columbia University for 15 years, where she was practicing since the completion of her residency. She enjoys general dermatology including skin checks, skin cancer treatment, and diagnosing rashes, as well as cosmetic dermatology, and has a passion diagnosing, treating and researching all types of hair loss. During her tenure, Dr. Mackay-Wiggan directed the Dermatology Residents’ Clinic at Columbia University, where she supervised and taught residents and medical students. She was also promoted to Associate Professor and Director of Clinical Research. She designed and conducted over 60 clinical trials for treatment of basal cell carcinoma, psoriasis, and hair loss, and she plans to continue clinical research at Siperstein Dermatology Group.
In addition to authoring many dermatology publications, Dr. Mackay-Wiggan has been featured in numerous newspapers and magazines including the New York Times, Men’s Health, Women’s Health. She was recently featured in Dermatology News, a leading dermatology trade magazine, for her work related to Alopecia Areata, which is one of her specialties.
After a successful and fulfilling career at Columbia University, Dr. Mackay-Wiggan and her family recently relocated to South Florida to be closer to family and friends. She enjoys skiing, reading, and spending time with her family. She is delighted to join Siperstein Dermatology Group, which embodies the highest ideals in patient care.