Danyelle Dawes, MD
Board Certified Dermatologist
Education & Certifications
- The College of Wooster, Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, Chief Resident
- Board Certified by the American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
Awards & Achievements
- Case Western Reserve University Dean’s Scholarship recipient
- American Academy of Dermatology Diversity Mentorship Grant
- Administrative Chief resident (2015-2016) At University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center Department of Dermatology
- University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center Minority Development Award
Dr. Dawes grew up outside of Cleveland, Ohio. She spent a significant amount of time working in her father’s private family practice office and loved interacting with patients from an early age. Being influenced by her father, Dr. Dawes also decided to pursue a career in medicine and went on to receive her doctorate in Medicine from Case Western Reserve University, completing a medical thesis examining the prevalence of Vitamin D deficiency in patients with alopecia. Dr. Dawes completed her dermatology training at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio where she served as Chief resident during her final year. After the completion of her residency training, Dr. Dawes worked at University Hospitals Cleveland for several years where she practiced general, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology. Additionally, she enjoyed teaching resident physicians and medical students, as well as participating in research studies.
In her spare time Dr. Dawes enjoys spending time with friends and family, tennis, traveling, and Orangetheory fitness. Dr. Dawes is excited to relocate to the South Florida area where she has family and friends. She is also thrilled to be closer to family she has in Jamaica. Dr. Dawes is looking forward to providing exceptional care to patients in the South Florida area!