Anupama Parameswaran, MD FAAD
Board Certified Dermatologist
Education & Certifications
- Carleton College, BA in Biology and Biochemistry
- University at Buffalo, State University of NY, School of Medicine
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine
- University of Massachusetts Worcester, Department of Dermatology
- Board Certified by the American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
Awards & Achievements
- Deans Letter of Commendation during medical school, graduating magna cum laude
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Resident Scholarship Award for AADA Legislative Conference
- The John Paroski M.D. Memorial Award for Compassion and Excellence in Patient Care
- Excellence in Research Award for Outstanding Achievement in Dermatologic Research
- Patrick Costello Award for highest grade in third year written examination in Internal Medicine
- Chief Dermatology Resident, University of Massachusetts Worcester Department of Dermatology
- Member of The Drug Pricing and Transparency Task Force Committee, American Academy of Dermatology
Dr. Anu Parameswaran is a board-certified dermatologist specializing in medical dermatology. She manages numerous skin conditions in both adults and children, ranging from skin cancer and acne to psoriasis and eczema.
She was born in Doncaster, England, and raised in upstate New York. She received her medical degree from the University at Buffalo, and graduated magna cum laude. During medical school, she was nominated by her peers into the Gold Humanism Honor Society—an honor awarded to role model providers who embody exceptional clinical care, compassion, human connection, dedication to service, and community involvement. In addition, she received the John Paroski, MD, Memorial Award for
compassion and excellence in patient care.
She went on to complete an internal medicine intern year at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a Harvard Medical School teaching hospital in Boston. She subsequently completed dermatology residency at the University of Massachusetts in Worcester and had the honor of serving as a chief dermatology resident in her final year.
Prior to joining our practice, Dr. Anu Parameswaran was an Assistant Professor of Dermatology at the NYU Ronald O. Perelman Department of Dermatology. During her time at NYU, she established a hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) specialty clinic, co- founded the Skin of Color division, and supervised and taught residents and medical students. In addition, she also co-managed the inpatient dermatology service at NYU Brooklyn, where she had the privilege of caring for hospitalized patients with severe skin disease. She is recognized as a national leader in treating HS, and has presented at numerous meetings, published in peer-reviewed journals, and is currently co-authoring international HS treatment guidelines. Her training and prior experience provides a strong foundation not only in medicine and dermatology, but also in caring for patients from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. Dr. Anu Parameswaran’s goal is to ensure that all her patients feel safe, heard, and well cared for.